There are a variety of methods available for life support. When it comes to supplemental oxygen therapy, everyone wants the best, most innovative system of that will help satisfy your oxygen needs. The Trilogy Ventilator Series developed by Phillips Respironics combine flexibility and technology to provide an innovative approach to managing respiratory related illnesses. The ventilators are intended for pediatric or adult patients.
According to Respironics, “the device is intended to be used in home, institution/hospital, and portable applications such as wheelchairs and gurneys, and may be used for both invasive and non-invasive ventilation. It is not intended to be used as transport ventilator.”
A Trilogy Ventilator is great with assisting a patient’s progress from non-invasive to invasive ventilation. Some of the features available to help provide more efficiency and comfort include:
- Pressure variability via the ramp function. This becomes an essential element when trying to go to sleep.
- Freedom of movement.
- Automatic pressure increases until the prescribed pressure is reached. This means more adaptability and consistent use of the therapy.
- Stored information readily available for home or hospital download and review.
- Increased pressure relief during each phase of exhalation. This feature helps clinicians and other medical officials determine use time with mask fittings and allows for adjusting thresholds more efficiently.
- Variety of power sources including an internal Lithium-Ion battery, which is used automatically when the detachable Lithium battery and external lead acid battery are not used.
Now, individuals who are home-bound can receive the same supplemental oxygen treatment as if they were in the hospital. Be sure to contact us here at Aeroflow Healthcare for more information concerning your home oxygen needs.