Blog

medicare approved back brace

Medicare Approved Back Brace

If you are considering the purchase of a back brace and have Medicare, there are few things you should know. First, do you actually need it? There are a few symptoms you should look for to help determine if you need one.  Second, you could qualify for your back brace through insurance.  Yes, you heard that correctly, a Medicare approved back brace!

If you experience the following symptoms, you could be eligible for a Medicare approved back brace:

  • Continual weakness in the legs and or feet
  • Numbness
  • Tingling or knife-life stabbing sensations
  • Severe back pain
  • Pain in the lower spine (front, sides or back)
  • Dowager’s hump
  • Difficulty bending, walking or lifting things you could before
  • Curvature of the spine
  • Deep, tight muscle contractions near the spine. These are more consistent in the lower back.

If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or simply want to confirm or rule out the possibility of needing a back brace, be sure and speak with your primary care physician. He/she will be able to give you the final say regarding if it is medically necessary to have a back brace.

Medicare B

Medicare B covers for arm, leg, back or neck braces that are used in the home and are prescribed by your doctor. This is why it is imperative you speak with your doctor first regarding bracing. Medicare will not pay if your doctor does not prescribe a back brace for you. When you obtain a prescription from your doctor, it must state that the arm, leg, back or neck brace is medically necessary and you must then purchase the equipment from a supplier/provider that is Medicare-certified or is in assignment or participates with Medicare.

Medicare Part B will cover 80% of the cost for the brace and you will be responsible for the remaining 20% amount unless you have a secondary insurance or advantage plan that covers all or the remaining cost.

Aeroflow Healthcare is a Medicare approved provider and is able to provide you with your Medicare approved back brace.  To qualify online, fill out our Qualify Through Insurance form or give us a call at 888-345-1780 and we will be glad to assist you.

Share Button

VIEW BY BLOG CATEGORY

WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING...
“Aeroflow was wonderful when it came to helping us with our wheelchairs and lift-even showed us how to use the lift. We were very thankful for the friendly and knowledgeable service.”
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING...
“I was looking for a power wheelchair for my wife. Aeroflow had a great selection and they were very kind and helpful on the phone. Great people to do business with!”
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING...
“I recently bought a Go-GoPower Scooter from Aeroflow and couldn't be happier with its mobility and compact design. The chair is amazing and goes anywhere I want. It was a great experience!”
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING...
“My doc referred me to Aeroflow when I needed a sleep test, and I went back when I needed a wheelchair. The service was exceptional! Aeroflow really cares about their customers.”