Blog

Medicare

Medicare Approval For Mobility Devices

By Chass Armstrong

Many of those with Medicare are probably wondering if power wheelchairs are approved through Medicare. The short answer is yes, they are, but it may be a tiny bit more complex than that.

Aeroflow has been recognized as the premier provider of Durable Medical Equipment in the Southeast and we are continuing to grow. As a Durable Medical Equipment Provider (DME) we are authorized to assist in your acquisition of a power wheelchair through Medicare.

A great first step in your journey to a brand new power wheelchair through Medicare would be to give Aeroflow a call at (888) 345-1780. Our clinical staff will be able to help determine your coverage, and help you find out what the best mobility option is for you.

If you prefer, you can also fill out our “qualify through insurance” form, which is located, here. This form will be sent to our Mobility staff and they will be able to determine what your coverage entails and how to help you out.

Typically, Medicare covers 80% of your power wheelchair purchase leaving you to pay the remaining 20% out of pocket. However, if you have Medicare Advantage or another supplementary health insurance you may be able to get 100% covered!

That being said, before you can get your wheelchair you will have to prove that it is absolutely necessary for daily life as stipulated by Medicare guidelines. To do this, you will have to consult with your physician and prove that a cane, walker, or manual wheelchair will not suffice in helping you to accomplish day to day tasks such as cooking, cleaning, or going to the bathroom.

Again, if you have any questions, we highly urge you to contact our Mobility Department. They are experience and happy to help answer any questions that you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.

 

Share Button

VIEW BY BLOG CATEGORY

WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING...
“Aeroflow was wonderful when it came to helping us with our wheelchairs and lift-even showed us how to use the lift. We were very thankful for the friendly and knowledgeable service.”
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING...
“I was looking for a power wheelchair for my wife. Aeroflow had a great selection and they were very kind and helpful on the phone. Great people to do business with!”
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING...
“I recently bought a Go-GoPower Scooter from Aeroflow and couldn't be happier with its mobility and compact design. The chair is amazing and goes anywhere I want. It was a great experience!”
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING...
“My doc referred me to Aeroflow when I needed a sleep test, and I went back when I needed a wheelchair. The service was exceptional! Aeroflow really cares about their customers.”