Being able to complete every day activities such as going to the restroom or taking a bath should not be an issue of safety. However, for many people it is. Regardless of age, a slip or fall can be a devastating event, which can leave a drastic affect on the quality of an individual’s life. The importance of bath safety is even more imperative if you suffer from arthritis, limited mobility or chronic joint pain. If you have one of these conditions you may benefit from having bathroom assistance and safety accessories in your home.
The bathroom is a high-risk area because of the number of slick surfaces in the area along with the presence of water. For those with limited mobility concerns, the bathroom may be the only place where a certain level of privacy is still obtained. This is especially true if a caregiver is involved. For this reason, making sure your home is equipped with safety devices or accessories will not only improve the amount of privacy you can obtain but also provide a higher level of safety in a place where you will spend a lot of your time, the bathroom.
Aeroflow carries a wide array of name-brand medical and home healthcare bath safety products including raised toilet seats, bath benches and shower chairs, bathtub rails, non-slip shower and bath grips, and more. Products come with all necessary tools for quick and painless installation, and most carry a manufacturer’s warranty. Bathroom mobility accessories are considered by Medicare to be personal convenience items and are not billable through insurance. However, Aeroflow Healthcare offers private pay options and payment plans in order to assist you in receiving the equipment that you need.
All of the accessories mentioned below are available for purchase through Aeroflow Direct.
- Shower Chairs – Showering is much easier and comfortable.
- Shower Bars – Will help prevent slips, stabilize you during showers, help provide support when sitting or standing or getting in or out of the shower.
- Shower Bench – Similar to the shower chair. These are more beneficial or helpful for caregivers.
- Shower Bath Mat – Helps prevents slips and falls.
- Bath Lift – These water proof devices are light and adjustable to make bathing more convenient and safe.
- Toilet Safety Frames – These come with armrests and additional support to make it easier to get up and down. This makes using the toilet a lot safer and comfortable.
- Grab Bars – These are not only good for the shower but for any where in the bathroom where assistance getting up, sitting down or moving around is needed.
- Raised Toilet Seat – This is used to prevent issues with hygiene while using the toilet. These seats are nonslip, comfortable and are at a more manageable level than conventional toilet seats.
If you or someone you know suffers from arthritis, limited mobility or chronic joint pain we can help! We understand the importance of bath safety and can help you with all of your needs. Visit us at Aeroflow Direct today for all of your bath safety needs or if you are interested in qualifying for mobility equipment through insurance, fill out our Qualification Form today! We look forward to hearing from you soon.