By Chass Armstrong
When you have a nebulizer, proper cleaning and care can go a long way. This is true not only for your health, but also for the care of the nebulizer itself.
By cleaning your nebulizer you can prevent the buildup of bacteria and germs which would cause your machine to be causing you to get sick instead of preventing you from getting asthma.
Along with this, keeping your machine clean and in good shape can help to keep it working properly for longer therefore saving you money in the long run. Here are some tips for cleaning your Nebulizer after you use it and how to clean it weekly as well.
- Rinse Mask and Elbow after use and dry
- Put them back together with the machine
- Run your machine for 15-20 seconds to insure everything is dry
- Disassemble your machine
- Wash the mouthpiece and elbow with warm water and mild dishwashing soap
- Clean the exterior of your Nebulizer machine, but never soak it
- Run the Machine to make sure everything is completely dry
- Store in a cool dry spot within its box
However, if you are looking for a new nebulizer, nebulizer medicine or a replacement mask we would be more than happy to help you at Aeroflow Healthcare. Our respiratory department can help you get your equipment through your insurance at little to no cost for you!
You can do this in a couple of ways. First, you can give us a call at (888) 345-1780, our clinical staff will be able to help assist you with your refilling your prescription or helping you to find the perfect machine. Secondly you can fill out our “qualify through insurance” form. This form is quick, easy and can help us determine what your insurance covers regarding nebulizers. We look forward to assisting you!