As a mother of an infant, you are always on the go. Work, family, errands, and feedings are just the tip of the iceberg and you require efficiency in all aspects of your life. Pumping moms will tell you that cleaning breastpump parts can be time consuming and in a world where you are always on the move, it is important to streamline this process while still maintaining proper sanitation. Dishwasher safe breastpump parts allow you the freedom to go about your day while your breastpump parts are being cleaned in a safe and effective manner.
All breastpump parts that come in contact with your breast milk should be cleaned after every use, i.e. bottles, valves, and breastshields. Even if you boil your breastpump parts it is impossible to completely sterilize them at home, however complete sterilization is not necessary to keep your breastpump parts safe and sanitary.
Dishwasher safe breastpump parts will vary by manufacturer but here are a few rules of thumb to go by:
- Always put breastpump parts on the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Never place the breastpump piston/cylinder pieces, rubber, SNS parts, or foam inserts in the dishwasher.
- It is not necessary to clean tubing after each use unless it comes in direct contact with your breast milk.
- If you do wash your breastpump tubing, make sure it is completely dry before reattaching to your breastpump.
- Always consult your breastpump instruction manual before placing parts in the dishwasher.
As stated earlier, you should always consult your breastpump instruction manual before putting any of your breastpump parts in the dishwasher, however, the following parts are typically safe to put in the top rack of your dishwasher:
- Breastshields (standard, not soft fit/comfort based breastshields)
- Breastshield connectors
- Breast milk bottles and lids
Be sure to separate all parts before loading them into the dishwasher and once all parts are clean, allow them to air dry in a separate clean area.
Dishwasher safe breastpump parts can help reduce your cleaning time and get you back to doing more of the things you love. If you have questions regarding dishwasher safe breastpump parts or qualifying for a breastpump through insurance, give an Aeroflow Breastpumps specialist a call at 844-867-9890 or fill out our Qualify Through Insurance today to receive your free breastpump through insurance!