If you are someone who has mobility issues, you may feel inadequate at times and often unable to maneuver as easily as you would like. Completing day-to-day tasks such as going to the bathroom, going to the mailbox and even grabbing a few groceries can be quite challenging and often embarrassing. The good news is you have options! The benefits of compact travel scooters will have you back to your active self in no time!
Compact travel scooters can help provide a sense of empowerment to you as you complete your daily tasks. Your ability to move from place to place quickly can be restored with the help of a scooter. Often times a travel scooter is an extremely cost efficient way to build your confidence and independence but also to ensure you are able to continue living the normal life you desire.
Benefits of Compact Travel Scooters
- Have a short distance range
- Lighter than other power mobility devices
- Small and compact
- Fits in a car or van easily
- The battery can be removed to make transport even easier
- Has handles (these can also be used for lifting)
- Easier to carry
- More leg room (great if you have longer legs, knee problems or more likely to have leg stiffness)
- Has a much tighter/small turning radius
- Available in 3 or 4 wheels (4 wheeled scooters are more stable)
- Can be disassembled for easy transport
- Can be used indoors and outdoors as long as the surface/terrain is even
- Often has a nice basket for additional storage
- The heaviest piece weighs about 38 pounds (depending on the model)
- Easier to navigate in small or crowded areas
- Some models come with headlights, tail lights and turning signals
- Lower price
The benefits of compact travel scooters will help you regain your independence. For more information concerning how we can assist you with your mobility needs, contact us at 888-345-1780. Our highly trained mobility professionals will be able to help you through the entire process.