A new baby can mean less time to spend on you. Between changing diapers and breastfeeding the little one, it is easy to forget to feed yourself. Remember taking care of yourself is most important so that you’re energized and ready to take on the tasks that life throws at you with a new baby at home. It’s also imperative to remember that the type of food and amount of nutrients that you take in has a direct affect on the vitamins and nutrients that your baby will get when breastfeeding. The breast pump specialists at Aeroflow Healthcare want to make sure that you’re getting the most out of the foods you’re eating. Below are the top 10 breastfeeding superfoods that will help you get through the day!
- Almonds – Loaded with protein, almonds help build those muscles mommy needs!
- Salmon – This fish contains a fat called DHA which aids in forming the baby’s nervous system. It is also packed with essential vitamins. Not to mention it is full of protein!
- Beans – Rich in fiber, beans will keep you full longer and also possess high amounts of iron.
- Oatmeal – Also rich in fiber, oatmeal is quick and easy to make for on the go moms!
- Apricots – This yummy fruit is known to enhance the production of prolactin which helps boost your milk supply.
- Dates – A simple snack for busy moms, dates also contain prolactin. Doesn’t hurt that they’re delicious too!
- Green Vegetables – Getting your daily greens is vital…especially for breastfeeding moms. Spinach, broccoli, and kale are extremely high in nutrients.
- Brown rice – Full of fiber, brown rice is also very inexpensive to buy and instant brown rice is a quick side dish to make with dinner.
- Yogurt – Craving something sweet and healthy? Yogurt is a great choice! It can satisfy your craving for that chocolate bar and is also chock-full of calcium.
- Sesame seeds – Sesame seeds are a tasty topping and contain a lot of essential nutrients such as magnesium, calcium, and iron.
With of all this talk about food, don’t forget to get your breastpump through Aeroflow Healthcare. To get started, just jump online and fill out our short Qualify Through Insurance form. A dedicated Breastpump Specialist will call your insurance provider to verify your benefits and help you choose the right breastpump. For immediate assistance we can be reached at 844-867-9890. We look forward to hearing from you!